I don't know when or how it started, but I do know why. Instead of New Years Resolutions on January 1st, I do "Birthday Resolutions" to renew focus and better myself.
Being just 8 days away, I think it's time to establish some new goals before the big 2-7.
1. Train for a Marathon.
2. Anti-wrinkle cream everyday.. I know I can't fight aging, but I can at least try. The lines on my face are beginning to be a permanent thing, not just a when-I-smile thing.
3. Start blogging again. I probably won't get as detailed anymore, because, well.. I have a personal life, but I would like to start writing again. It's always fun to go back and read what I was thinking/feeling in times past.
4. Less Facebook creeping. This will probably be a struggle for me for a looooong time.
5. At least 3 kind acts everyday.
6. At least 10 kind words everyday.
7. Be more friendly and outgoing-- saying "hi" to strangers, smiling at people I meet on the street, not being so stingy with hugs.
8. Eat better. No more swiss rolls and fudge brownies everyday. :) Although I will REALLY miss those things.
9. Drink less coffee/drink more water.
10. Read at least 1 good book every month. I will require some recommendations from all of you. I just finished Tuesdays with Morrie (which was life-changing, and everything I needed to hear to get me through a little rough patch).
11. Mind my own business. Not in a rude or apathetic way, just in a "we're all different, we all do things differently, and maybe that's okay" kind of way.
12. More volunteering. I have gotten so that I equate time with money. This is not okay for me. My time is a gift to me, and I should share that gift with others. So, I would like to help people that need it a lot or a little, and just give myself and my talents to community service and enrichment.
And that's all I've got for now.
So you--my dear people-- hold me accountable for my goals with encouragement and love, not judgement or pressure. And tell me... what books have changed your life lately?