Happy New Me

Happy New Me

Friday, August 27, 2010

I've decided to number my days as an American migrant...

Sorry, I couldn't come up with a more clever title...


Having spent all morning in bed, doing job-searches on my laptop, I have decided to move my life to the kitchen for a little lunch. And  no, I don't have enough food to go around, but you might not like what I'm having anyway... they're LEFTOVERS I think my dad must have fixed before he left for Alaska :).

I am back in Ann Arbor after a mini-vaca in Chicago, and I've decided to number my days as an American migrant (which is what it seems my spring/summer has been). 

I left my band (Big Bad Plaid) and my job as a CNA/Activity Aide in Mount Pleasant, MI around Christmas, moved to Las Vegas, joined a new band, couldn't find work, new band fizzled, and my sister (who I moved out there to live with) decided to move back to Chicagoland, so I packed up my things and headed back to the midwest, to re-group, reevaluate my life's options and plan out a new course of action.

Little did I know that my time spent being able to re-group would actually be very limited, having a close uncle pass away, and a number of family events, responsibilities, and social engagements (ROAD TRIPS!), taking me all over The States, including stop-offs in Missouri, Arkansas, Kentucky, New Jersey, West Virginia and Illinois (big shout-outs to each and every loved-one in each and every one of these states).

So now, after more traveling than one 24 year old girl should really be able to take, I am forcing myself to buckle down, and find even the most menial of jobs, in order to move forward in some way.  I have 1/4 of my plan of action, and finding gainful employment is my first REQUIRED step.

Wish me luck!  And if you know anyone that's hiring in Ann Arbor, I have decided to set down some shallow roots in this area again, and will be mainly looking for work here.  I have a B.A. in Interior Design, some sales experience, quite a bit of experience in food service/barista, 2+ years as an Office Assistant, CNA license in the state of MI, First Aide and CPR for the Professional Rescuer certification, and a strong work ethic!  Help a girl out! :)

Well, peace and love and blessings, and every other good thing!

.... OH! And stay tuned for my 95 theses for why I have decided to leave facebook!

Always and Forever,

Susie Q

2 comments: